Monday, November 5, 2007

Week 9, Thing 22 - Could this be the one?

I think I have found the "thing" I have been looking for. Setting up my eAudio account through Howard County Library and the Maryland Digital eLibrary Consortium is probably my favorite "thing" of all. Netlibrary's tutorial was user-friendly and easier to understand for me than Overdrive and Guttenberg. Other participants may not have had any problems using the latter two, but Netlibrary was the best for me. I thought it had the best features once you established your account and searched for items. It was simple to understand; they made it seem easy enough and HClibrary's "electronic resources" was another simple and easy tool to use.

Setting up my account was a "breeze" and although I could not find one particular book I am looking for (I will have to check the title and I did not have the author's name), I was able to put a hold on a book I've been meaning to read. Having this service through the library is going to solve a lot of my problems when it comes to having time to sit and read. Its not always easy for me to carve out two or three hours a day to reading a book. This way I can multi-task while listening to a book (Yes!). Can you tell that I'm a bit excited about this very useful feature.

Looking forward to listening to many great books! Cannot thank HC Library enough for providing this sevice to the public.

No comments: