Monday, October 29, 2007

Week 9, Thing 21 - Podcastic

Not sure if I will ever be a "podcast" person. I like listening to a radio, even better, the XM radio I have in my car. I listen to music and news programs on the radio throughout the day more so than watching TV. I will have to spend more time maneuvering my way around and discovering more about "Podcast". I did find a music show that I like a lot. Its called the "neo soul cafe". I enjoy listening to this new form of soul music performed and written by new and young artist. I admire them for trying to keep soul music new and fresh and to be able to express themselves through this form of music. They sing songs about love, relationships, etc. just like the old groups from Motown (Temptations, Four Tops, Supremes, etc.).

I also looked at the Denver Library list of podcasts and saw that they have podcast for young children. To be able to select a book from the library and then have someone read it to your child to me is another wonderful way to encourage a child to read. Librarians seem to have enough to keep them busy; maybe volunteers could be recruited to read some of the books for the podcasts.

No comments: