Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I'm now a Blogger

I've been called many things, but I've never been called a "blogger". It almost sounds like the british word "bugga" not the same meaing of course). Something like "he's a real blogger that one is". My husband and son watch british soccer league games on TV and some of the british commentators say some pretty funny things to describe what's going on during the game.

I'm suppose to post my comments on the tutorial of the 71/2 habits of lifelong learning. I was trying to see which of the 7-1/2 describes me. I think I'm a dead ringer for 1/2 habit although I would like to think that I'm a little of all 7. I think now that I'm older and my kids are pretty much "grown-up", I especially liked #7 - teach/mentor others. I do some volunteering with the Howard County Public Schools. I guess I never looked at volunteering as a learning experience for myself as well as giving back to others. I truly enjoy working with the young kids. The tutorial gave me an opportunity to look at myself and helped me to realize that I should not be afraid or not have enough confidence in myself to learn new things. I hope blogging will also be a way to teach and learn from others as well.

No comments: