Monday, September 17, 2007

Week 3, Thing 7


I enjoyed learning about Flickr. I had fun exploring and looking at "Mashup and 3rd Party" sites. I tried a couple of those "3rd party" sites and really liked the one called "Retriever". I gave it a try to see what would happen. Retriever will find pictures submitted by others that will match yours. I picked a picture I took at Big Sur, CA of a beach, the ocean and mountains. It found pictures similar to mine from all over the world in about 30 seconds. Not only were there pictures of beaches and ocean, but also of snow covered mountains from Romania. You can also select a picture and see more photos that were taken from that particular person. People seem to be very enthusiastic about sharing their pictures and experiences. The snow covered mountains were magnificent. Flickr is definitely a fun tool.

1 comment:

Beth said...

WOW nice photo! Now who is that handsome guy you are with? ;) I would love to visit Big Sur and California some day.