Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Week 1, Thing 2

Enjoyed the tutorial program on the 7-1/2 habits of learning. Out of the 7-1/2 habits I think I am a dead ringer for "1/2" habit. I would love to think that I possess a little of all the "7" habits, but I guess you can't have everything! I especially liked #7 - Teach/Mentor others. Now that I am older and my children older and well on their way to creating a life for themselves, I hope I can share my life experiences and "wisdom" with others. I have volunteered with the Howard County Public Schools for the past two years. I never looked at volunteering as a learning experience for myself as well as giving back to others. I truly enjoy working with the young kids (last year I worked with kindergarteners). The tutorial gave me an opportuity to look at myself and helped me to realize that I should not be afraid or not have enough confidence in myself to learn new things.

No comments: